How to Wear Your Playsuit this Summer

Two Looks that I Have Been Loving

PicMonkey Image

Hello everyone! It’s Mew! Today I’m really excited to be coming to you with another outfit post,

It’s really only recently that I have begun my obsession over playsuits and honestly, I can think of no better staple piece to have in your wardrobe this summer. They’re just so comfortable to wear and always stylish no matter what the occasion may be. You can expose your bare legs in them without having to worry about any unfavourable gusts of wind heading your way and best of all, you’re always guaranteed to look extremely well put together with minimal effort involved.

For ages now I’ve been looking for a playsuit just like the one I styled in this shoot, so when the lovely team at Éimí Boutique asked me if I wanted to share this outfit in a blogpost with you guys, I just couldn’t contain my excitement! Today I’m going to be showing you two casual looks that I have been loving lately and hopefully that will inspire you with some different ways you can wear your playsuit this season.

Are you ready? Let’s start!

Look One ~ Summer Sunshine

tumblr_os7jwbsmMg1vmonqjo1_1280

tumblr_os7jwbsmMg1vmonqjo2_1280

When it comes to choosing an outfit on those scorcher summer days, a classic romper worn by itself is always a good go-to.  Elegant prints like these really let the outfit speak for itself so you needn’t worry about dressing the look up with accessories. Instead, a large handbag and some tan wedges or sandals will work really well together at nailing a relaxed and casual summer style, while some large, oversized sunnies will really compliment the vibe. For the chillier evenings or the days when it’s a little breezy but still quite hot, you can throw on a simple jacket boyfriend cardigan and you’re good to go.

tumblr_os7m6kCb7K1vmonqjo1_1280

tumblr_os7k99i2tW1vmonqjo1_1280

Right now this is definitely my favourite outfit to wear on a sunny day. The look is just so cute, girly and casual. This playsuit is just so breathable and comfortable too.

(It even has pockets!)

Look Two ~ Darker Days

tumblr_os7jwbsmMg1vmonqjo3_1280.jpg

Of course I had to incorporate a more layered look to accommodate the cold weather of our ever-erratic climate so a mesh body and some semi-sheer black tights were a must. This look is perfect for the cooler days during the summer months and for the chillier evenings especially.

tumblr_os7mudmKUk1vmonqjo1_1280

tumblr_os7mudmKUk1vmonqjo2_1280

I love how the mesh in this outfit adds so much more attitude to the look. Here I wanted to go with an aesthetic that was a little more on the rock n’ roll side of things and I feel like the pairing of the ankle boots with they cat-eye sunnies really helps add to that style. As for the floppy hat… well, there’s just something about floppy hats and playsuits that always looks really flattering!

tumblr_os7j9sh5mr1vmonqjo1_1280-2

So these were just two of the ways I have been loving wearing my playsuit this season. Hopefully it gave you guys some styling inspiration!

Don’t forget to check out eimi-boutique.co.uk for some seriously beautiful summer pieces, including the playsuit I’m wearing!

Thank you guys so much for reading. That’s all from me for now and I’ll see you very soon in my next post!

BE HAPPY ♥ BE HAPPY

~Love Mew xx

13 thoughts on “How to Wear Your Playsuit this Summer

• MEW June 27, 2017 / 9:08 pm

Thank you so much! ❤

1. kittyp0p June 27, 2017 / 6:10 pm

Gorgeous photos and such a lovely pattern! I haven’t found a romper/playsuit that fits me just right, but I’m still looking (:

Liked by 1 person

• MEW June 27, 2017 / 9:07 pm

Aww thank you so much my dear! I’m glad you liked the post :’) I know how you feel haha. It’s always a struggle finding the perfect playsuit because they can be a total hit or miss sometimes depending on the shape of the fabric and the shape of your body :O
      I think I must have been lucky with this one because usually I have the exact same problem. I’m sure though you’ll find one that looks stunning on you in no time at all. And I really hope you do because they are a lot of fun! ❤ xx

Liked by 1 person

• kittyp0p June 27, 2017 / 9:28 pm

Yes, exactly! Thank you for replying haha the only ones I’ve found are always too tight around my butt (if I find one that fits my waist) or too baggy around my waist (if it fits my butt). Gotta keep searching though cause they’re super cute and so fun to wear in the summer (:

Liked by 1 person

• MEW June 27, 2017 / 9:35 pm

You’re welcome! Hahaha omg I know. I had to size up for this one but it actually fit me really well in the end! For me I always look for ones with a more loose or baggy style of shorts so that they will fit around that area :’) I really hope you find one you like because I just know it’ll be so adorable on you! ❤ x

Liked by 1 person

• kittyp0p June 27, 2017 / 9:36 pm

Thank youuuuuu (: I’m so glad you found one to fit you- it gives me hope haha

Liked by 1 person

• MEW June 29, 2017 / 8:28 pm

Aaaah thank you so much my dear! :’) I’m really glad you liked it ^_^ xx

Liked by 1 person

2. Ysobel Luna July 2, 2017 / 5:45 am

I love rompers! Only thing is, it’s so inconvenient to use the restroom when you’re trapped in a one-piece. 😅

Liked by 1 person

• MEW July 2, 2017 / 1:45 pm

Hahahaha I know! the struggle is so real. 😅 In the second outfit I was wearing the playsuit, tights AND a bodysuit so going to the bathroom would have been such a nightmare 😂 Sometimes on a hot day though I don’t mind the whole bathroom thing. It always beats wearing a skirt when it could be windy in my books 😆😘❤️Xx

Liked by 1 person

• Ysobel Luna July 2, 2017 / 2:06 pm

That’s true. Do you ever feel like sometimes it might be riding up a bit too far? Like when you stand up after sitting for some time and you have to adjust the romper wedgie? 😂

Liked by 1 person

• MEW July 2, 2017 / 10:48 pm

Hahahaha I haven’t had that with this one! Usually I tend go for playsuits with really baggy shorts and it stops that from happening :’)

Liked by 1 person